Very simple natural shampoo can be made with dried Soapwort (Saponaria)
You need approximately:
1 ozof dried soapwort
- 1 to 1 1/2 pts of water (pure/spring/distilled)
1 ozherbs of choice (based on what type of shampoo-see * note below)
- Put boiling water on the dried soapwort and soak overnight.
Bring mixture to boil (in an enamel pan) and simmer, covered for about 15-20 minutes. Stir in herbs, and store it, covered, until it is cool enough to use. Strain before using.
* note: choose one or combination of herbs for properties desired.
- Marsh mallow is used for dry hair
- Peppermint/Lavender used for oily hair
- Marigold/Calendula for red hair
- etc., etc., and so forth and so on and on and on